Capacity is an important element in the circuit, its apply range very large and type utility.
Capacity. The common capacity unit has “uF”, “nF”, “pF”.
Unit conversion: 1uF = 10^3nF = 10^6pF
- 105 = 1uF = 1000nF = 1000000pF
- 104 = 0.1uF = 100nF = 100000pF
- 103 = 0.01uF = 10nF = 10000pF
- 102 = 0.001uF = 1nF = 1000pF
Value of Permissible.
Electrolytic capacitor: 6.3V-450V (DC)
Ceramic capacitor: 25V-1000V (DC)
- D = 0.5%
- F = 1%
- G = 2%
- J = 5%
- K = 10%
- M = 20%
Temperature. The Capacity’s heat-resistant is 105℃.
- A capacity has two types, MLCC and Aluminum Electrolytic capacitors. The MLCC has a fixed size.
- In series connection and parallel connection can compound use, the calculation formula:
- Parallel connection: plus two values, for example, 220uF parallel connection 330uF, the total capacity is 550uF.
- Series connection: value = C1 * C2 / (C1+C2), for example, 220uF series connection 330uF, the total capacity is 220uF * 330uF / (220uF + 330uF) = 132uF
- The function of capacity in circuit: filter, energy storage, decoupling and bypass.
- In a Switch Power supply circuit, capacitive reactance(Xc) = 1/2Πfc, the smaller the capacitance, the larger capacitive reactance.